Sunday 25 August 2013

YSL Lipstick Review & Swatches

Hello!
 
So . . . here is my first beauty post, hope it is helpful. I currently own seven of the YSL Lipsticks in three different formulae, Rouge Volupté, Rouge Volupté Shine and Volupté Shine Candy. The below are all my opinions.
 
The Price: They are definitely one of the more expensive items of makeup that I currently own, costing £23.50 each. When I purchased these, I was a little nervous as to whether they were worth that amount of money, especially as my previously lipstick only cot £6.50. All lipsticks were purchased from Debenhams as I love collecting their ‘beauty points’ as it allows me to buy myself a little something extra every few months. My last treat was the Dior Airflash Foundation (I will do a review on this soon).

 
The Packaging: The only words that come to mind are pure luxury. As soon as you see this item, you know that it is a high quality product. The entire outer casing is made from metal with the YSL logo in the centre surrounded by a ‘colour swatch’ of the lipstick. I even use the top as a mirror when I am out to apply it. The only negative for me with the packaging is that only the lipstick number is shown, not the actual name. Not a big issue I know!
 
Right onto the three different formulas . . .

 
Rouge Volupté
 
Formulation:  Silky and smooth, these lipsticks also include SPF 15, great for those hot days and holidays.
 
What I Say: All three lipstick colours are beautifully smooth and apply as if they were a lip balm. Very smooth and very pigmented. Nude Beige has a coral hint that is stunning, will look great on all skin tones. Lingerie Pink is a beautiful every day colour that could be worn by any skin colour. Sensual Silk has more of a peachy tone, which would look great on fair skin tones.

 
1 – YSL Rouge Volupté No. 1 (Nude Beige)
 2 – YSL Rouge Volupté No. 2 (Sensual Silk)
 3 – YSL Rouge Volupté No. 7 (Lingerie Pink)
 
Rouge Volupté Shine

Formulation: Intense glistening shine, brilliant colour and creamy texture.
 
What I Say: A very creamy texture, which applies flawlessly creating smooth and perfect kissable lips. With their moisturising quality, these lipsticks are definitely my favourite formulation. Pink in Confidence has a gorgeous shimmery flecks, which make your lips feel like a million dollars. Coral Intuitive is definitely my ‘go to’ coral for summer 2013.

 
 
1 – YSL Rouge Volupté Shine No. 8 (Pink in Confidence)
2 – YSL Rouge Volupté Shine No. 13 (Pink in Paris)
3 – YSL Rouge Volupté Shine No. 15 (Coral Intuitive)

 
Volupté Shire Candy
 
Formulation: Sheer nourishing lipstick

What I Say: These lipsticks are sheerer than the other two formulas; they apply as if they are lip balms and are very long lasting and nourishing. Both Juicy Grapefruit and Lush Coconut catch the light beautifully and create a subtle shimmery tint. I love Juicy Grapefruit; it is such a simple colour but yet finishes off any make up look.


 
1 – YSL Volupté Shire Candy No. 3 (Juicy Grapefruit)
2 – YSL Volupté Shire Candy No. 1 (Lush Coconut)
 
Price: 4/5 – They are expensive but the quality is amazing! They are definitely at the top of my price range for lip products
Formulation: 5/5 – All three formulations are creamy and long lasting
Packaging: 4/5 – As I mentioned the packaging screams luxury, just holding it make you feel special
Overall: 4.5/5 – Great products!
 
Would I purchase more? The simple answer is YES! I absolutely love all of these lipsticks and looking forward to getting some more, hopefully for my birthday, next month :) I would definitely recommend these products, I have two favourite colours, 'Pink in Confidence' and 'Juicy Grapefruit'.
 
Do you own any YSL Lipsticks? What do you think of then?  I would love to hear your comments on these lipsticks and any other lipstick you would recommend I try!
 
P.S. Please let me know what you think of the swatches as at the moment I am using my camera phone to take photos. Hopefully I will be able to get a proper digital camera soon. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment